Is this your first time applying for a Canadian visa? If yes then here is a guide on how to apply for a Canadian visa for the first time.
Canada is a very big country in the northern part of North America, with a large population of people and surrounded by big oceans. Inside the country are very popular places which include Toronto, Ontario, Vancouver, British Columbia, Montreal, Quebec, Niagara Falls, Ontario, and the rest. Migrating to Canada is one of the useful thought that comes into the minds of most African youths, however, lots of people have migrated into Canada, just like you will do now.
So we will be revealing to you on this page, how to apply for a Canadian visa for the first time, Now before we proceed, am sure you have heard about Canadian visa lottery, this is one of the trends online, but mind you, Canada is not currently issuing any lottery visa to any individual or country.
Do I Need a Visa?
The immigration department of Canada has revealed that anyone intending to migrate or travel into Canada must have a Visa. What is a Visa, a visa is a permit in the form of a stamp or receipt which is attached with your international passport to show an acceptance to migrate to Canada. Do I need a visa? Yes, you do need a visa to travel into Canada.
What Do I Need to Apply for Canadian Visa?
The items below are what you need to apply for a visa to Canada, remember it is your first time, so you need to know what it takes.
- The number one thing you need is an international passport.
- The second like it is the Canadian visa application form.
- Payment receipt for your application
- passport photograph
- a valid email address
- health certificate
- Your biometrics – Fingerprints etc.
These are the major things you need to start your Canada visa application, other things will be shown to you as soon as you begin.
How to Apply for Canadian Visa for the First Time
Like I told you, applying for a visa to Canada is very easy. From the comfort of your couch you can easily apply for your visa, in most cases, you need to give your photo and your fingerprints, but don’t worry I will show you where to submit that.
Mode of Application
There are two ways to apply for Canada visa and they are
- Online Application – This is when you apply for a Canadian visa online. You can do all applications online using the website that will be revealed to. Right on their website, you will download a form, the one that explains why you are coming to Canda. After filling up the form, you will submit your biometrics and then wait for an invitation.
- Offline or Manual Application – You will have to visit your embassy and then locate the Canadian immigration officer, get a form to start your application, visit back the venue to submit your application.
Easy Way to Apply for Canadian Visa
You can apply for your visa online, visit the Canadian visa portal to start your application, but here is why you need to apply for your visa online:
- Your application will be processed faster.
- You will need to pay for any courier services.
- An online application may be processed very easily.
- There will not be any form of delay, like processing, movement of files etc.
- You don’t need to submit your passport until there is a need for it
- Get updates directly on your online account about your application status
- Ask us questions or simply use our customer help desk.
Who is not Eligible to Appy Online?
- An alien’s passport for stateless persons
- other refugee travel document for non-citizens.
Was this guide helpful?